Viva La Mexico!!

O debería decir buen trabajo Gabriela!!! 
(Or should I day good job Gabriela)

She said she is 5'3" and an Outside Hitter!! 


Going off the photos below it is obvious that she can jump! 


Her Response:

1. How old are you? I’m 22 
                    
2. What position do you play? Outside hitter (yeah, I’m short but I jump high) 

3. What got you into volleyball? I’ve always been into doing excercise but I used to practice basketball until I heard about a new volleyball team they were doing in my town and it turns out the coach is a friend of my father so I tried it and loved it and I also was good at it.

4. Are you currently in or going to college? If so what school are you/will you be attending? I go to med school in a university called Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán (UADY)       

5. Who is your role model? As a person? My parents, they did a great job giving us everything they could and more despite all the money limitations we had. As a player, I look up to Tandara from Brazil and to you

6. As an athlete what challenges do you face on the court? Sometimes I’m too tired both physically and mentally but I always try my best to make my team proud but the harder thing we face as a team is that all the universities around the country have taller players than us, so we have to train harder so we can compite.    
                                   
7. Have you ever been injured while playing? If so what did you injure and what was your recovery process? Yeah, 2 times. The first one was during our regionals, I sprained my knee during a spike and the second one I sprained my ancle the same way. In both injuries was a long and painful recovery, went to physiotherapy, took my medicines, took my resting time but came back stronger.  
                   
8. Do you find it hard to be in a relationship while in season? Well, it’s hard when that person doesn’t understand and if it’s the case then he’s not the one, he’s got to be your biggest fan.    
                                       
9. What number are you and why? 3, when I started playing I heard about the Cuban national team that won the olympics so when I watched the game the player with that number caught my attention.  
                                           
 10. Where are you from? I’m from Mexico and I live in the state of Yucatán

11. Would you consider playing overseas? Of course, but I don’t think I have the physical characteristics to do it, I mean, I’m too short.     

12. What position do you feel is the hardest to play? Setter it’s definitely the hardest

13. What do your workouts consist of? Doing cardio, work in my velocity and my jumping and of course a gym routine to gain strength    
                               
14. How often do you work out during the week? 3-4 times a week     
              
15. Do you take protein supplements? If so why? No I don’t   
          
16. Have you ever thought about quitting? Yes, because school is getting more and more absorbing, I go to class then go to the hospital, sometimes and don’t get to sleep so I can study after training.     
                     
17. How do you handle adversity? At the beginning i used to get frustrated but now I take a deep breath and cheer myself and teammates, focus in the successes not in the mistakes.

18. How do you handle feedback (Good or Bad)? Well, I try to get most of the information to focus on that when I’m training, strengthen my virtues and improve my weaknesses.

19. What is some advice you would give younger athletes? If you want to try in any sport, do it. It’s a great experience, you get meet people, travel, compite against other people like you, get disciplined, but most importantly, love the game, find the sport you love, where you feel comfortable and passionated about and when you find it hold on to it.



Thank you for being apart of my interview. I must say I am truly impressed with your jumping ability. I wish you the best of luck in your career. Make sure you all follow Gabriela on Twitter and Instagram: @Gabrielaquintal.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiana Dockery....

Stevie Kaye.....