Khat Bell




I remember meeting this 6'2" SHINING STAR when she was just a recruit at the University of Texas. I was still playing for UT at the time and I knew then that she was someone special. Always smiling, laughing and full of energy. Meet the talented and loving, Katherine "KHAT" Bell.


















HER RESPONSE:




1. How old are you? 
A: 26
                  
2. What position do you play?

A:Opposite 

3. What got you into volleyball? 
A: I got into the sport by accident 


 4. Are you currently in or going to college?
A: No
                                 
5. Who is your role model? 

A: My mother        

6. As an athlete what challenges do you face on the court?
A: Anxiety 


7. Have you ever been injured while playing? If so what did you injure and what was your recovery process?
A: Yes, Tore my ACL in college was back playing in 5 months. Recovery was hard but I worked hard to get back in the best shape of my life.     

        
8. Do you find it hard to be in a relationship while in season? 

A: For me I don’t think it’s difficult but I think it’s hard to find someone who is secure enough with themselves to do long distance. 

9. What number are you and why?

A: I've been a few different numbers through out my career but numbers aren’t important to me so I don’t attach myself to them.

10. Where are you from? 

A: Dallas, Texas

11. Would you consider playing overseas? 

A: I do!                     

12. What position do you feel is the hardest to play? 

A: I think setting is the hardest position.

13. What do your workouts consist of? 

A: Conditioning and weight training

 14. How often do you work out during the week? 
A: Depends: 2-4x a week or 2-6X a week.

15. Do you take protein supplements? If so why?

A: No
         
16. Have you ever thought about quitting? 

A: Of course but that’s part of being challenged.

17. How do you handle adversity? 

A: One step at a time and having patience.

18. How do you handle feedback? 
A: Really well. I love being critiqued 

19. What is some advice you would give younger athletes? 

A: One thing I will tell younger athletes is you can be the best but it depends on how much work you put into it.


Thank you Khat for answering my questions and being apart of my blog I appreciate it. Make sure you guys go and follow m y fellow Texas Alum on Twitter: @Khatbell and on Instagram: @_khatbell




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiana Dockery....

Viva La Mexico!!

Stevie Kaye.....